I have curated a list of the best hotels in Cologne that offer exceptional comfort, impeccable service, and a prime location. As you embark on your journey through this charming city, finding the perfect place to stay is essential. Whether you’re visiting for business or pleasure, these hotels will exceed your expectations and provide you with a memorable stay in the heart of Cologne. Get ready to explore the city’s iconic landmarks, indulge in its rich culinary scene, and experience the warm hospitality of these top-rated accommodations.
In a nutshell: 4 tips for staying overnight in Cologne
- 25hours Hotel: Immerse yourself in the vibrant energy of the Alter Markt area, where this cool and unconventional hotel awaits. With its unique building and stunning views of the old town and cathedral, it promises an unforgettable experience.
- Hopper Hotel St. Josef: Discover tranquility and local charm in the Altstadt-Süd neighborhood. This modern hotel, housed in a converted chapel, offers a captivating blend of history and contemporary design. Start your day with a delightful breakfast in this truly remarkable setting.
- Ruby Ella Hotel: Indulge your senses in the trendy Belgian Quarter (Belgisches Viertel) and experience a stay that combines artistic expression with cozy comfort. Step into this unconventional hotel and let its captivating design and warm ambiance enchant you.
- Our Expert Guide: Navigating Cologne’s Accommodation Landscape: We understand that choosing the right place to stay can be daunting. That’s why we’re here to assist you. In this comprehensive guide, we provide valuable insights and insider tips to help you make the best decision for your Cologne adventure.
With these enticing options and our expert guidance, your stay in Cologne is guaranteed to be extraordinary. Get ready to create lasting memories in this captivating city.
Tips for Finding the Best Hotels in Cologne
Are you planning a trip to the vibrant city of Cologne and seeking the perfect hotel for your stay? We’ve gathered some useful tips to help you navigate the hotel landscape and find the ideal accommodation that suits your needs and budget. From pricing considerations to room amenities, here’s everything you need to know to make an informed decision and ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay in Cologne.
- Consider Seasonal Factors: Cologne is known for its exuberant carnival season and major trade fairs like Gamescom and Photokina. During these periods, hotel prices tend to skyrocket due to high demand. If you’re looking for more affordable rates, consider visiting outside of these peak times.
- Price-Performance Ratio: Depending on the time of your visit, you can find double rooms in Cologne starting from around 70 euros, offering excellent value for your money. However, keep in mind that room sizes and furnishings can vary significantly in this price range, so it’s essential to read reviews and consider the hotel’s location and overall performance.
- Mid-Range Options: For a wider selection of hotels in the price range of 100 to 200 euros, you’ll have numerous options in Cologne. In this range, it’s challenging to go wrong, but it’s still advisable to check reviews to gauge the hotel’s quality and suitability to your preferences and needs.
- Luxury Choices: If you’re a luxury seeker, Cologne also offers several high-end hotels that cater to discerning travelers. Outside of carnival and major trade fair periods, you may find 5-star accommodations starting from as little as 150 euros, allowing you to indulge in lavish comfort without breaking the bank.
- Consider Location and Parking: If you’re traveling by car and looking for affordable options, consider accommodation slightly outside of Cologne’s city center. While room prices may not differ significantly from the cheapest options in the city center, these options often provide the advantage of free or inexpensive parking spaces, saving you the hassle and cost of parking in the city.
- Culture Tax: Keep in mind that the city of Cologne imposes a culture tax of five percent, similar to a tourism tax, which is calculated based on the nightly rate. When booking online, this tax is typically included in the price. However, it’s always a good idea to double-check to avoid any unpleasant surprises. Take a close look at the fine print during the booking process, particularly on platforms like Booking.com.
- Room Options: Hotel room sizes and amenities can vary depending on the hotel class you choose. In Cologne, you’ll generally find that rooms are spacious compared to some other cities. The differences often lie in the age of the room furnishings, with some hotels maintaining a more classic style from the 1990s. However, this doesn’t mean the quality is compromised. Take advantage of online resources and carefully review room descriptions and photos to ensure the hotel meets your expectations.
- Noise Considerations: If you prefer a peaceful night’s sleep, particularly when staying in the city center, it’s important to choose a hotel with soundproof windows to minimize outside noise. This becomes especially crucial on weekends when the lively Rhine promenade might be bustling with activity. Reading hotel reviews is a great way to gauge the noise levels and ensure a tranquil stay.
Choosing the Optimal Location for Your Hotel in Cologne
When it comes to selecting the ideal location for your hotel in Cologne, each district has its own unique advantages and considerations. For a short trip or a first visit, it is often recommended to stay in the city center. This allows you to save valuable time by avoiding long commutes to attractions and points of interest.
If you decide not to stay right in the heart of Cologne, it’s essential to check the proximity of the nearest public transport stop. Opting for a hotel in close proximity to public transportation can greatly enhance your convenience and ease of exploring the city.
If your plans extend beyond brewery hopping in the old town and you wish to visit multiple attractions, relying on public transport becomes inevitable. In such cases, it is advisable to choose a hotel in the immediate vicinity of a train or tram station, facilitating seamless travel throughout the city.
For those with three or more days in Cologne or repeat visitors seeking an authentic local experience, consider exploring accommodations in the Altstadt-Süd or Belgian Quarter. By staying in these neighborhoods, you’ll have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of the “real Cologne” as cherished by the locals. This allows you to venture beyond the tourist center while still being within easy reach of popular attractions and landmarks.
It’s important to note that during the carnival season, Cologne comes alive with exuberance and festivities. All parts of the city become immersed in the carnival spirit, and it can be a whirlwind of excitement. If you prefer to avoid the hustle and bustle of the carnival celebrations, it is advisable to plan your visit to Cologne around November 11th and avoid the period around Shrove Monday.
By considering these factors and tailoring your choice of hotel location accordingly, you can ensure that your stay in Cologne is convenient, enjoyable, and aligned with your preferences. Whether you prefer the bustling city center, a neighborhood beloved by locals, or a strategic location near public transport, the optimal location for your hotel will enhance your overall experience of this remarkable city.
By considering these tips and insights, you’ll be well-equipped to find the best hotels in Cologne that align with your preferences, ensuring a memorable and comfortable stay in this captivating city.
Where to Stay in Cologne: The Best Neighborhoods
When it comes to choosing the perfect neighborhood for your stay in Cologne, we recommend considering the following areas:
- Alter Markt: Located in the heart of the city, this neighborhood is an excellent choice, especially for those arriving by train. Hotels in this area offer convenient access to major attractions and the lively ambiance of the city center. Additionally, some hotels provide breathtaking views of the majestic Rhine River, allowing you to soak in the beauty of Cologne.
- Old Town South (Rheinauhafen): If you prefer a mix of old-town charm and a slightly quieter atmosphere, the Old Town South neighborhood on the Rhine side is an ideal choice. Here, you can experience the unique flair of the historic old town while enjoying a more relaxed ambiance. Hotels in this area often offer stunning views of the Rhine, and there are even some very special accommodations available that promise a truly memorable stay.
- Belgian Quarter & Hohenzollernring: Known for its vibrant nightlife and popular among locals, the Belgian Quarter and Hohenzollernring neighborhood is a dynamic and lively area. It’s an excellent choice for those who enjoy exploring trendy bars, cozy cafes, and unique boutiques. With its cool and vibrant atmosphere, this neighborhood offers a unique experience for visitors seeking an exciting evening scene.
- Deutz: Located on the “wrong” side of the Rhine (opposite the city center), Deutz offers a quieter and more peaceful atmosphere. From this neighborhood, you can enjoy a splendid view of Cologne Cathedral, one of the city’s most iconic landmarks. It’s an ideal choice for those seeking a tranquil environment while still being within reach of the city’s attractions. The neighborhood is well-connected by public transportation, making it easy to explore Cologne’s various districts.
- Frechen & Marsdorf: If you’re arriving by car or prefer more affordable accommodations slightly outside of Cologne’s city center, the neighboring areas of Frechen and Marsdorf are worth considering. These areas offer a range of budget-friendly options and provide convenient access for those traveling by car. While you may be a bit further away from the city center, these neighborhoods offer a cost-effective solution without compromising on comfort.
By selecting the neighborhood that best suits your preferences and needs, you can enhance your stay in Cologne and ensure a memorable experience. Whether you’re seeking a central location, a quieter ambiance, vibrant nightlife, or convenient access for car travelers, Cologne has a neighborhood to cater to your desires.
In the next sections you will learn which area is best for you.
Alter Markt – Stay in the Heart of Cologne
If you’re looking for the ultimate convenience and immersion in the vibrant atmosphere of Cologne, we highly recommend staying in the area around Alter Markt. This neighborhood, often referred to as the “old town,” is a small but significant part of the official old town, specifically Altstadt-Nord.
Situated just a short distance from the main train station and Cologne Cathedral, the Alter Markt is a historic square adorned with the impressive Cologne Town Hall. This central location allows you to easily explore the city and provides quick access to numerous attractions.
Around the Alter Markt, you’ll find a variety of charming small hotels nestled between museums, breweries, and shopping opportunities. With double rooms available starting from 70 euros, there are options for various budgets. Moreover, a few upscale accommodations cater to those seeking a more luxurious experience.
Staying in this area is particularly advantageous for first-time visitors to Cologne, as there is plenty to see and do within walking distance. As you navigate the streets, you’ll naturally come across the city’s notable landmarks and attractions. Some hotels even offer rooms with delightful views of the Rhine River, making your stay all the more memorable. Although these rooms might come at a slightly higher price, the experience they offer is well worth the investment.
If you’re arriving by train, you’ll appreciate the convenience of being able to walk to your hotel. However, do keep in mind that the streets in this area are predominantly cobblestone, adding to the historic charm but potentially challenging for wheeled luggage. For shorter trips, a backpack might be more suitable than a trolley.
Advantages of staying around the Alter Markt:
- Close proximity to the main train station, providing easy access to and from your hotel.
- Many popular sights and attractions are within walking distance, saving you time and transportation costs.
- A wide range of restaurants and shopping options are available nearby, ensuring you’ll never go hungry or lack for retail therapy.
- The opportunity to stay along the banks of the Rhine River, offering picturesque views and a delightful ambiance.
Disadvantages of staying around the Alter Markt:
- The area is quite touristy, attracting a significant number of visitors. Expect crowds, especially during peak tourist seasons.
- The presence of cobblestone streets can make navigating with wheeled luggage a bit challenging.
By choosing to stay in the Alter Markt area, you’ll enjoy the convenience of being at the heart of Cologne’s bustling energy. With its close proximity to transportation hubs, iconic landmarks, and a vibrant atmosphere, this neighborhood provides an excellent base for exploring the city and immersing yourself in its rich culture and history.
Hotel Recommendations at the Alter Markt:
For a Good and Affordable Option:
1. Hotel Mondial am Dom
Address: Kurt-Hackenberg-Platz 1, 50667 Cologne, Germany
This hotel offers comfortable and affordable accommodations in the heart of Cologne. With its convenient location near the Alter Markt, you’ll have easy access to the city’s main attractions, restaurants, and shopping areas. The hotel provides a pleasant stay with attentive service and well-appointed rooms, ensuring a pleasant and budget-friendly experience.
2. Lint Hotel Cologne
Address: Kurt-Hackenberg-Platz 4, 50667 Cologne, Germany
Situated in close proximity to the Alter Markt, Lint Hotel Cologne offers affordable rooms without compromising on quality. The hotel provides comfortable accommodations, friendly staff, and a convenient location, making it an excellent choice for budget-conscious travelers who want to stay in the heart of the city.
For a the Best Experience:
3. 25hours Hotel
Address: Mühlenstraße 22-24, 40213 Cologne, Germany
Located near the Alter Markt, 25hours Hotel combines modern design with a vibrant atmosphere. This boutique hotel offers unique and stylish rooms, along with amenities such as a restaurant, bar, and fitness center. The hotel’s trendy ambiance and attention to detail ensure a memorable stay in the heart of Cologne.
For a Luxurious Stay:
4. Excelsior Hotel Ernst am Dom
Address: Trankgasse 1-5 / Domplatz, 50667 Cologne, Germany
If you seek the pinnacle of luxury, the Excelsior Hotel Ernst am Dom is a top choice. Situated adjacent to Cologne Cathedral, this prestigious hotel offers elegant rooms, world-class service, and exquisite dining options. Indulge in the opulence of this historic hotel, which has been accommodating guests with unparalleled luxury since 1863.
These hotel recommendations cater to various budgets and preferences, ensuring that you’ll find the perfect accommodation for your stay at the Alter Markt. Whether you’re looking for affordability, a unique experience, or the utmost luxury, these hotels will provide comfort, convenience, and exceptional service during your visit to Cologne.
Old Town South on the Rhine Side: Experience Cologne’s Romantic Old Town
Located to the south of the Altstadt (Old Town), Altstadt-Süd is a charming district that offers a romantic ambiance and a unique experience. This area, which borders the Alter Markt in the south, is particularly appealing due to its proximity to the Rhine River. Along the eastern part of Altstadt-Süd, you’ll find a selection of delightful and historic hotels that add to the district’s allure. The upscale hotels in this area often offer competitive rates compared to other parts of the city.
While it may be a bit quieter than the bustling Alter Markt area, Altstadt-Süd still provides a pleasant atmosphere for leisurely strolls through its narrow streets and along the Rhine promenade. Within the vicinity, you can also explore the Rheinauhafen district, known for its unique crane houses and the popular Chocolate Museum. Some hotels in this area even offer stunning views of the Rhine River, adding an extra touch of romance to your stay.
One standout recommendation for accommodations in Altstadt-Süd is the Hopper Hotel St. Josef. This hotel provides modern and stylish design rooms within a beautifully preserved former monastery building. Guests can enjoy breakfast in the former chapel, adorned with grand stained glass windows, or on the adjacent terrace. The combination of contemporary comfort and historical charm creates an exceptional and memorable experience.
Advantages of staying in Altstadt-Süd
- Less touristy: Enjoy a more authentic and local experience in a district that is popular among Cologne residents.
- Abundance of restaurants and pubs: Discover a wide range of dining options, from traditional taverns to international cuisine, all within walking distance.
- Proximity to Rheinauhafen: Explore the unique architecture of the crane houses and indulge in the chocolatey delights of the Chocolate Museum.
- Immerse yourself in the romantic ambiance of the Rhine River, with some hotels offering scenic views and proximity to riverside attractions.
Disadvantages of staying in Altstadt-Süd:
- Not within walking distance from the main train station: While it may require alternative transportation, such as a short taxi ride or public transportation, the unique atmosphere and charm of Altstadt-Süd make up for the distance.
- Limited subway stops: The district has fewer subway stations compared to the central areas. However, alternative transportation options, such as trams or buses, are readily available.
By choosing to stay in Altstadt-Süd, you’ll experience the enchanting romanticism of Cologne’s old town while enjoying a quieter and more local atmosphere. Explore the charming streets, dine at cozy restaurants, and immerse yourself in the captivating ambiance of the Rhine River, all within the embrace of this picturesque district.
Hotel recommendations in Altstadt-Süd:
Good and Affordable Option:
5. Motel One
Address: Cäcilienstraße 32, 50667 Cologne, Germany
Motel One offers a great balance of quality and affordability. Located in Altstadt-Süd, this hotel features modern and stylish rooms, comfortable amenities, and a convenient location. Guests can enjoy a comfortable stay while exploring the charm of Altstadt-Süd without straining their budget.
6. Hopper Hotel St. Josef
Address: Dreikönigenstraße 1, 50678 Cologne, Germany
Hopper Hotel St. Josef is a unique and memorable accommodation option. Set within a beautifully restored monastery building, this hotel combines historic charm with modern design. Guests can immerse themselves in the tranquil atmosphere, savor breakfast in the former chapel with its impressive stained glass windows, and appreciate the attention to detail that sets this hotel apart.
7. Boutique Hotel Maison Marsil
Address: Pipinstraße 1, 50667 Cologne, Germany
Boutique Hotel Maison Marsil offers an intimate and personalized experience in the heart of Altstadt-Süd. This charming boutique hotel features individually designed rooms that prioritize comfort and aesthetics. Guests can immerse themselves in the artistic ambiance and enjoy the personalized service that makes this hotel a standout choice.
These hotel recommendations in Altstadt-Süd cater to different preferences and budgets, providing comfortable accommodations in convenient locations. Whether you’re seeking affordability, a unique historical setting, or a boutique experience, these hotels offer a range of options to ensure a memorable stay in Cologne’s Altstadt-Süd district.
Belgian Quarter & Hohenzollernring: Experience the Trendy District
For a vibrant and trendy stay in Cologne, consider booking your accommodation in the Belgian Quarter and around the Hohenzollernring. This area has gained popularity among locals in recent years and offers a mix of fashion, art galleries, and vibrant nightlife.
During the day, you can explore the Belgian Quarter’s shops and galleries, catering to fashion enthusiasts and art lovers alike. Enjoy a leisurely stroll through the streets, soaking in the trendy atmosphere.
In the evenings, the Brussels Square area comes alive, offering a variety of bars and restaurants where you can relax and enjoy a refreshing Kölsch, the local beer. As night falls, the Hohenzollernring between Friesenplatz and Rudolfplatz transforms into Cologne’s bustling party mile, providing a lively nightlife experience.
While there are limited hotels directly in the Belgian Quarter, you’ll find a good selection of accommodations in various price ranges around the Hohenzollernring.
Benefits of staying around the Belgian Quarter:
- Immerse yourself among the locals and experience the trendy district firsthand.
- Discover a plethora of bars and restaurants, offering a diverse culinary scene.
- Enjoy the vibrant atmosphere and explore the fashion and art galleries in the area.
Disadvantages of staying around the Belgian Quarter:
- The accommodations are not within walking distance from the main train station, requiring alternative transportation options.
- Keep in mind that the Hohenzollernring area can be lively and loud, particularly on weekends. If you prefer a quieter atmosphere, it’s recommended to choose accommodations away from the bustling nightlife areas.
By selecting a hotel in the Belgian Quarter or around the Hohenzollernring, you’ll have the opportunity to embrace the trendy vibe, indulge in local experiences, and make the most of Cologne’s vibrant nightlife scene.
Hotel recommendations for the Belgian Quarter & Hohenzollernring:
Good and Affordable Option:
8. Hostel the shared flat
Address: Aachener Str. 7, 50674 Cologne, Germany
Hostel the shared flat offers budget-friendly accommodation in the heart of the Belgian Quarter. With shared rooms and common areas, this hostel provides a social atmosphere and a great opportunity to meet fellow travelers. It’s a perfect choice for budget-conscious travelers looking for a comfortable stay in a vibrant neighborhood.
9. Ruby Ella Hotel
Address: Hohenzollernring 91, 50672 Cologne, Germany
Ruby Ella Hotel offers a stylish and contemporary experience in the heart of the Hohenzollernring area. With well-designed rooms, modern amenities, and a focus on sustainability, this hotel provides a comfortable and eco-friendly stay. Guests can enjoy the vibrant atmosphere of the neighborhood and easily explore the nearby attractions.
10. Steigenberger Hotel Cologne
Address: Habsburgerring 9-13, 50674 Cologne, Germany
Steigenberger Hotel Cologne is a luxurious option for those seeking a refined and upscale stay. Located near the Belgian Quarter, this hotel offers elegant rooms, impeccable service, and a range of amenities including a spa and fitness center. Guests can indulge in the comfort and sophistication of this high-end hotel while being close to the vibrant energy of the Hohenzollernring.
These hotel recommendations in the Belgian Quarter and the Hohenzollernring area cater to different budgets and preferences, providing guests with a range of options for their stay in Cologne’s trendy district.
Deutz: Experience a Unique Perspective on the Rhine
While some may consider Deutz to be on the “wrong side” of the Rhine from the perspective of the locals, this district still offers its own set of advantages.
One of the major advantages of staying in Deutz is its excellent connectivity through the “Köln Messe/Deutz” train station. If you’re arriving in Cologne by train, choosing accommodation in Deutz can be a convenient option.
Deutz is also home to the renowned Kölsch bar called Lommi, known for its authentic Cologne-style atmosphere. Additionally, the Hotel Hyatt, located right on the banks of the Rhine, provides a breathtaking view of the Cologne Cathedral.
While the Hyatt may cater to a more upscale clientele, Deutz also offers several affordable hotels with rates under 70 euros.
Advantages of staying in Deutz:
- Scenic view of the Rhine
- Affordable room options
- Convenient for train travelers
- Proximity to the Cologne exhibition center
Disadvantages of staying in Deutz:
- Perceived as being on the “wrong side” of the Rhine
- Limited old town ambiance
Despite its unique location, Deutz provides an alternative perspective on Cologne and presents an opportunity to explore a distinct part of the city.
Good and Affordable Option:
11. Motel One Cologne Trade Fair
Address: Deutz-Mülheimer Str. 22-24, 50679 Cologne, Germany
Motel One Cologne Trade Fair offers comfortable and affordable accommodation in the Deutz district. Located near the trade fair area, this hotel provides modern rooms, a stylish design, and a cozy atmosphere. It’s a great choice for budget-conscious travelers who want a convenient base for exploring Cologne.
The Best Experience:
12. City Palace Hotel
Address: Ottoplatz 6, 50679 Cologne, Germany
City Palace Hotel is a step up in terms of comfort and amenities. Situated in the heart of Deutz, this hotel offers well-appointed rooms, a friendly staff, and a convenient location near the Köln Messe/Deutz train station. Guests can enjoy a pleasant stay with easy access to both the exhibition center and the city’s attractions.
13. Hyatt Regency Köln
Address: Kennedy-Ufer 2a, 50679 Cologne, Germany
Hyatt Regency Köln is a luxurious hotel that offers a truly indulgent experience. With its prime location on the banks of the Rhine, this hotel provides stunning views of the river and the Cologne Cathedral. Guests can enjoy spacious rooms, upscale amenities, and exceptional service. It’s the perfect choice for travelers seeking a lavish and memorable stay in Deutz.
These hotel recommendations in Deutz cater to different budgets and preferences, ensuring that guests can find the right accommodation for their needs. Whether you’re looking for affordability, comfort, or luxury, Deutz has options to suit your travel style.
Staying Outside Cologne – Frechen & Marsdorf:
While staying outside of Cologne may not be the most popular choice, there are some circumstances where it can be a viable option. Frechen and Marsdorf, located on the outskirts of Cologne, offer accommodation choices that may be suitable for certain travelers.
Please note that staying in Frechen or Marsdorf means being further away from the main attractions and the vibrant atmosphere of Cologne’s city center. However, the option of free parking and convenient access to public transportation can make it a practical choice for certain travelers.
Hotel recommendations in Frechen & Marsdorf:
Convenient and Budget-Friendly:
14. Hotel Frechener Hof
Address: Hauptstraße 88, 50226 Frechen, Germany
Hotel Frechener Hof provides a convenient and affordable stay in Frechen. The hotel offers comfortable rooms and easy access to public transportation, allowing you to reach the center of Cologne in about 20 minutes. Free parking is available, making it an attractive option for those traveling by car.
While there may not be many tourist attractions in the immediate vicinity, this hotel provides a cost-effective choice for visitors who prioritize affordability and easy access to transportation.
15. Mercure Hotel in Marsdorf
Address: Wilhelm-Vaillant-Straße 29, 50858 Cologne, Germany
The Mercure Hotel in Marsdorf offers a good and affordable accommodation option outside of Cologne. The hotel provides comfortable rooms and a range of amenities to ensure a pleasant stay. With its location in Marsdorf, you can enjoy a quieter atmosphere while still having easy access to the city center. The hotel is conveniently situated near the A1, A4, and A61 motorways, making it ideal for travelers arriving by car. Additionally, the hotel offers free parking for guests. While staying in Marsdorf, you can take advantage of the nearby public transportation options to reach the center of Cologne in a short time.
Hotel tips for the Cologne Carnival
During the carnival season in Cologne, it is crucial to plan your hotel accommodation well in advance due to high demand. Here are some tips and considerations for finding a hotel during the carnival:
- Book Early: Due to the popularity of the carnival, hotels in Cologne tend to be fully booked quickly. It is recommended to book your hotel as early as possible to secure a room.
- Consider Flexible Booking Options: Look for hotels that offer flexible booking options or rooms that can be canceled without penalties. Websites like Booking.com often provide such options, allowing you to have a confirmed reservation while keeping the flexibility to change your plans if needed.
- Expect Higher Prices: Room rates during the carnival season, especially around Shrove Monday, can be significantly higher than usual. Don’t be surprised if you find it challenging to find a room in the old town for the usual price range.
- Explore Surrounding Areas: If hotels in Cologne are fully booked, consider looking for accommodations in nearby areas such as Marsdorf or Frechen. Ensure there is reliable transportation available, both during the day and at night, to reach Cologne easily.
- Transportation Options: Check if there are public transportation connections available from your hotel to Cologne, and make sure these connections operate during late hours. Alternatively, taxis are widely available during the carnival season, although it may require some patience to find one during peak times.
Carnival in Germany
Remember, the carnival season in Cologne is a lively and festive time, attracting a large number of visitors. By planning ahead and being flexible, you can secure suitable accommodation and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere of the carnival. Alaaf!
With this carefully curated list of the best hotels in Cologne for a memorable stay, , I am sure you will discover something that fits you. Whether you prefer the vibrant city center near Alter Markt, the charming Altstadt-Süd, the trendy Belgian Quarter, the convenience of Deutz, or the outskirts of Frechen and Marsdorf, there’s an ideal option for you.